In today’s world, all parents want their children to be good in studies. They don’t like it if their children play video games as it seems useless to them. it seems to them that their children would be completely consumed by video games. however, there are some upsides of video games which many don’t see. so, I have decided to bold the major points which would make you see the video games from the other angle. I am not saying that we should only focus on playing video games and neglect other things. I am only trying to show that playing video games does help us and the following points support my statement.
1) IT IMPROVES OUR MEMORY -Many video games are based on a story so to complete the game we have to go through and remember the story which in a way sharpens and improves our memory.
2) ATTENTION AND CONCENTRATION- ABILITY While playing a game our mind is completely involved in it thus we pay more attention to it and our concentration ability strengths.
3) COORDINATION -When we play games in VR our many body parts react to different types of situations and hence our instant actionability improves.
4) SOURCE OF LEARNING- Nowadays, many games are based on technology and history is made which along with pleasure gives us knowledge and by playing different sorts of games we gain knowledge about different things.
5) DECISION MAKING- In every game comes a situation where we have to make decisions. Hence, it improves our decision-making ability too.
6) WORKS AS A REFRESHER- One of the best effects of playing a game is that it replaces our depressed and fatigue mood with cheerfulness and a-lot of energy.
7) LEADERSHIP- Video games make us a good leader as in most of the games we have to guide our team to the last and win which helps in improving our leadership skills.
8) THINKING AND REASONING ABILITY- Video games often increase our thinking ability that how we deal with the problem in situation and reasoning power also improves as we have to give reasons many times that why and how the thing is happening.
9) VISUAL SPATIAL SKILLS- Many games such as MINECRAFT shares the concept of building things that improve our imagination power and as a result our skill of visualizing things in real life also improves.
10) CAREER OPTION- In the last decade, it has been seen that the gaming industry is gaining heights like a rocket and several events are being conducted on a regular base with lots of cash price. So, it wouldn’t be a surprise if it becomes one of the most taken career options in nearby years.
HENCE, I AM CONCLUDING BY SAYING THAT DONT DISCOURAGE OR FEEL BAD IF YOUR CHILDREN ARE PLAYING GAMES MAYBE THEY ARE GOING TO BE BEST IN THAT FIELD. BUT IT DOESN’T MEAN THAT YOU HAVE TO MOTIVATE THEM AND PRESSURISE THEM TO DO GAMING; IT’S THEIR CHOICE THAT HOW THEY WANT TO LIVE THEIR LIFE AND HELP YOU IN FUTURE!